The three-day event gives fishermen an opportunity to catch tagged trout for prizes. One hundred tagged trout are put in the lake in conjunction with the normal trout stocking done by the Oklahoma Department of Wildlife Conservation.
First Weekend in March. March 1-3rd, 2019.
- Friday: 7:00 a.m. – 5:00 p.m.
- Saturday: 7:00 a.m. – 5:00 p.m.
- Sunday: 7:00 a.m. – 3:00 p.m.
(Trout MUST be checked in by 3:00 p.m. Sun. @ Headquarters near General Store)
- Senior Division: 18 years old & older, registration fee ($20) for all three (3) days of the Derby.
- Junior Division: 17 years old & below, registration fee ($10) for all three (3) days of the Derby
- Pre-Registration is available by visiting the Watonga Chamber of Commerce office at 505 S. Clarence Nash Blvd or email [email protected]
- Two ways to pay the Online Registration (see below for payment options)
- On-site registration will begin at 7:00 a.m. – 3 p.m. Friday & Saturday, and 7:00 a.m. – 1 p.m. Sunday.
- Registration headquarters is located at the General Store on the lake.
- All fish must be weighed in by 3 p.m. Sunday, which will mark the end of the Derby.
- A trout stamp is no longer required by the Oklahoma Department of Wildlife.
- Valid Oklahoma State fishing licenses are required.
- All fishing must comply with Oklahoma State fishing laws. (See Rules & Regulations below for more information.)
Cash prizes for in both divisions Sr. and Jr. for Heaviest Fish, Heaviest Stinger, Combined Weekend Stringer and a Grand Prize drawing for all entries valued at $400